Refund and Reprint Policy
We reserve the right to update and revise this Returns/Refund/Reprint Policy without prior notice to reflect changes in our policies, services and/or in response to our customers' feedback. When we do make changes to this Policy we will revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of these Terms. Please make sure that you review it frequently as any time you place an order with Vermillion Silk the current Returns/Refund/Reprint Policy will apply.
We guarantee that our printed products will not be defective in accordance with industry standards. You may contact our customer service department and a Vermillion Silk representative will be pleased to help address any general issues you may have with your print job.
If you believe your print job is defective or has not otherwise met your requirements please contact Vermillion Silk, IN WRITING via the online support system, within six (6) business days of receiving your order. If you do not contact us within this time frame we will assume that your job was satisfactory upon receipt and will be under no obligation to provide a refund or reprint. Once you have contacted us, we will then have five (5) business days to determine if a reprint or refund is appropriate, or to advise you that more information is needed to process your inquiry. If we request additional information to verify an inquiry and it is not provided within a reasonable time, we will be under no obligation to provide a refund or reprint. If we determined that a product is in fact defective or has not otherwise met our obligations, one of the following two resolutions will be offered:
1. We will reprint the print job with rush production.
2. We will refund the original order price.
We reserve the right to request samples of any allegedly defective merchandise prior to either of the above resolutions being agreed to.
A customer service representative will generally contact you within 24-48 hours of us making the determination that a reprint or refund is appropriate in order to confirm the approved solution. If you do not make contact with our representative within five (5) business days of their first attempt to contact you with the approved solution we will assume that the issue has been otherwise resolved and no reprint or refund will be given. Once the approved solution is agreed then, unless we agree otherwise, you must return the entire original print order to us, at the address provided by our customer service representative, within 15 calendar days after the date the solution is approved. If you do not return it within this time frame you agree that the original order will be charged against your credit card on file with Vermillion Silk.
A refund or reprint will only be possible after an approved solution has been authorized and, unless we agree otherwise, provided that the entire original print order has been returned to and received by us.
When applicable, a refund will be issued within fifteen (15) business days of our receipt of the original product order.
A reprint will begin rush production within two (2) business days of our confirmed receipt of the product or such earlier time as we may agree to.
The forgoing is Vermillion Silk’s sole responsibility with respect to a defective order. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Vermillion Silk is not responsible for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Vermillion Silk has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the order.
The following are some guidelines and examples of issues that do not constitute grounds for a refund, or a return or reprint of a product:
- An order that is refused at time of delivery or undeliverable orders. (We will reship the product at the customer's expense if requested).
- The product is lost, delayed or returned to Vermillion Silk due to an error made by the customer in submitting the proper shipping address. (For product that is later found or that is returned to us we will reship the package with a corrected address and charge an additional shipping fee for the shipment).
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that incurs a higher shipping charge as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of shipping company delays, acts of God, weather conditions, environmental or dangerous goods incidents, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs officials, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, work stoppages or slowdowns, or other labor disputes or disturbances, civil commotions or hazards incident to a state of war, local or national disruptions in ground or air transportation networks or systems due to events beyond our control, disruption or failure of communication and information systems, disruption or failure of utilities, international customs issues, and any other circumstances that are beyond our direct control.
- Product that has experienced a color shift during the conversion to CMYK format, for example as a result of having been submitted by the customer in RGB or PMS Pantone colors.
- Errors that are contained in the uploaded customer file, e.g., misspelling, graphics, bleeds, grammar, damaged fonts, punctuation, wrong cuts, incorrect or missing folds, die lines, crop marks, transparency, overprint, and finished product size. Vermillion Silk does not any changes on customer files.
- Product that experiences print or images that are fuzzy, pixilated or otherwise distorted as a result of the customer providing artwork that is not at a minimum of 300 DPI at 1:1 ratio (or 100%) and/or in CMYK mode.
- Products that do not exactly match color or ink density. Vermillion Silk does not color match or match customer specified ink density.
- An inability to print or write on the product, unless the product description states otherwise. A typical UV coated product cannot be printed or written upon. Matte finished products may or may not accept printing or writing. We recommend that you order a sample from us and test it using the printer you will use before placing a final order. Vermillion Silk is not responsible for an inability to print or write on a Product, unless the product specifically states that it is suitable for this purpose.
- Orders that are duplicated as a result of customer error.
- Orders that are canceled after the order has entered into production (or any process thereafter).
- Orders that contain dated materials that arrive after the relevant date or with insufficient time to use the material as intended. It is a customer’s responsibility to allow sufficient time when placing an order for time sensitive materials.
- A customer’s violation of any of the terms and conditions governing the use of Vermillion Silk’s website and/or ordering of product.
- Viruses, worms, trojan horses and other forms of harmful or malicious code that are not detected or removed using Vermillion Silk’s standard virus/malicious code detection procedures.
- Loss, corruption of, or damage to your personal information, Customer Content, order history or related information that is stored by Vermillion Silk.
- Our failure to notify you of any delay, loss or damage in connection with your printed products or shipment or any inaccuracy in such notice.
- The release of an order by the shipper without obtaining a signature.
Please note that Vermillion Silk’s provision of advice, assistance or guidance either on this Site or via our customer service representatives does not constitute an acceptance of responsibility or liability for any problems that may arise in connection with any print order or services provided.
Order Approval / Proofing
Vermillion Silk will provide a complimentary, low resolution digital proof with your order, meant to indicate alignment with spot uv or foil mask files as well as indicate cut, bleed and safe area lines. These proofs also serve as a final reminder to review and confirm information you have typed on your artwork is correct. A Vermillion Silk representative will review your files to check for issues that could cause potential production errors, but it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure your artwork files are prepared correctly for production. Vermillion Silk cannot guarantee that we will catch an issue with your files when they have not been prepared by its designers. Artwork file review is a courtesy service and it should not be expected that Vermillion Silk representatives will notice every possible issue. Orders are printed in their "as submitted" form and the customer is fully responsible for final proof and layout verification and approval prior to submission to the print process. Vermillion Silk DOES NOT make any changes on customer files. Once you submit an order to the print process you are agreeing that you are fully satisfied with the document layout and content and you accept responsibility for any errors therein. Vermillion Silk will assume that you have verified the spelling, grammar, content and layout, etc. are all correct and it will not accept any liability for errors such as misspelling, grammar, damaged fonts, punctuation, transparency, overprint, improper layout, bleeding, erroneous cut or fold lines, die lines or crop marks, sizing, etc.
When you receive a proof, it is your responsibility to verify the proof against the original (and to correct any spelling or grammatical errors, etc). Digital proofs are not intended to show accurate color, potential overprint or transparency issues or resolution issues.
When a digital proof is sent, your job will not be processed or deemed production ready until you have approved the proof in writing. Please be aware that this may impact the job turnaround time.
Last Modified: Sep 13, 2021