Silk coated or silk laminated postcards (sometimes shortened to ”silk postcards”) are postcards with a very smooth matte lamination applied. This silk coating is significantly thicker and smoother than typical matte finish cards, which results in a luxurious effect. Suede postcards are similar, but suede is a matte lamination with a more velvet-like feel.
Whether planning to mail postcards for your business or use them in another way, creating a printed piece that stands out above the rest is important. At Vermillion Silk we print some of the highest quality postcards available with the combination of our high end offset presses, thick and premium card stock, and our smooth matte coatings. Larger pieces like our luxury postcards work great as invitation cards, holiday cards, handouts at events, etc.Suede coated invitation cards with raised gloss over the bottle image. 7x10, folded to 5x7.
To create the best luxury business card design, you first need to understand the medium and processes you will be working with.
The easy part is print on paper, but where it gets more complex is the modern print finishing options you might choose to add to your business card. Knowing the strengths of each of these finishing processes will help you create a luxury business card that is truly stunning.
If it is your first time creating luxury business cards for yourself, we know that trying to understand different luxury print options can be daunting. In this article we hope to summarize everything you need to know in less than a ten minute read, so that you can confidently design the most stunning luxury business cards for us to print for you. Each section below includes image examples of the print techniques we describe.Some of our luxury business card printing
- Why Choose Letterpress? A Comprehensive Guide to Ordering Letterpress Business Card Printing
- How to Design Letterpress Business Cards
- How Thick Should My Business Card Be
- Foiled Edge Business Cards
- What are Silk Business Cards?
- What are Foil Stamped Business Cards?
- Ordering Unique Silk Business Cards - Why Service is so Important
- How to Design Your Silk Business Card for Foil Stamping
- Preparing Your Silk Business Card Designs for Print
- Silk and Foil Business Card Preparation Checklist
- What are Suede Business Cards?
- Suede Business Cards vs Silk Business Cards - Which Finish is Best for You?
- What is Spot UV and Spot Gloss in Printing?
- The Art of Exchanging Business Cards
- Why We Offer a Very Specific Selection of Luxury Business Cards
- How to Printing Custom Packaging Inserts for Your Amazon, Shopify or Ecommerce Business
- What Makes a Luxury Business Card Stand Out from Regular Cards?
- 10 Stunning Black Business Card Designs
- What Differentiates Vermillion Silk from Other Specialty & Luxury Business Card Printers?
- How to Design Elegant Business Cards that Pull Customers Into your Brand’s Story
Vermillion Pinterest Gallery